Roman Catholic Church
Catholic worshippers used a small building on the south side of the
Grotepoortstraat (approximately half way between the Schoenmakersstraat
and the junction with the Annastraat). This building is now used for
1808, the building shown below, in the Grotepoortstraat, is believed to
have been used as the Roman Catholic Church in Harderwijk. It was
purchased in ca 1805. It is
approximately opposite the earlier smaller building. It is also
used for apartments.
St Martinus Church in the late 1800s
In 1855 the Parish of St Martinus was established and continued until
1913 when the Parish of St Catharina was formed.
Roman Catholic Church Book After 1811, all births, marriages and deaths had to be
officially recorded in the records of the Town (the Burgerlijkestand).
Before that, baptisms, marriages and deaths were recorded by the
Parish Priest in his own record book, usually in Latin but sometime in