Albert Benjamin Punch was born and raised in the Bendigo area.
He married Melinda Talmage in 1895. Melinda's parents were Edwin Talmage and Sarah Tucker.
long after their marriage they lived in Richmond when their first child
was born then moved to the Collingwood area by 1899. They seemed
to have stayed in for the next 10 years or so.
Between 1909 and
1914, Ref 3 has Melinda living at 61 Gipps Street, Collingwood,
Victoria. It is presumed that Albert was at this address also but
perhaps not a registered voter. In 1924 she and Albert were living
at 81 Rupert Street, Collingwood. Albert was working as a Greengrocer. Between 1931 and 1936 they lived at 93 Keele Street, Collingwood. Albert was still a Greengrocer and Melinda worked at Home Duties.
Melinda died in 1936 in Melbourne and Albert died at Chelsea, Victoria in 1938.
*** A Melinda Talmage married WIlliam Rain in 1874 and they had, at least 1 daughter Minnie -- not sure if this is the same Melinda that married Albert
Albert and Melinda had (at least) 5 children:-
1. Albert William was born in 1896 in Richmond, Victoria and died in 1901 in Collingwood, Victoria.
2. Henry Edwin Punch was born in 1899 in Collingwood and died in 1905 in Collingwood.
3. Norman Talmage Punch was born in 1903 in Collingwood and died in 1906 in Carlton, Victoria.
4. Gladys May Punch was born in 1901 in Collingwood.
She was cremated on 1 November 1999 at the Springvale Botanic Cemetery
and her ashes lie in Cassia, Wall Niche Single, Wall T, Niche 309. She never married. In 1936, Gladys was living with her mother at 93 Keele Street, Collingwood and carried out Home Duties.
5. Minnie Punch was born in 1907 in Collingwood and died in 1907 in Collingwood. She never married. She was buried on 25 October 1907 at the Springvale Botanic Cemetery.